Monday, February 8, 2016

Better Late Than Never: A Broad-Stroke Recap of Phu Quoc

Frankly we didn't love Phu Quoc. Our hotel was a dump and it turns out Kevin and I aren't great at "slowing down" and "relaxing."

But now that I've been gone for two weeks I can admit that at least we took some great pictures, so here they all are at once.  

At first we were v excited about being tan and lazy and fabulous. It was short-lived, but appropriately weird looking. 



Here's a shot of Kevin getting a jump start on doing what he does best: buying stuff he doesn't need. 


Upon realizing how much we hated our hotel, we went to the night market to indulge in our favorite vices: ice cream for me and more buying stuff for Kevin. 


The next morning we had a renewed sense of spirit because we remembered that Vietnamese coffee exists. PRAISE. 


Then we did some exploring and I found some stuff to climb. Always a crowd pleaser. 



JK Kevin hated it, but I talked him into it anyway. 


Then I found more climbable stuff which I ran at gleefully 


and Kevin hated it even more. 



But then he decided ok fine it looks like fun and he was right. 


Then Kevin threw caution and doctor's orders to the wind by ignoring his allergy and drinking the first of many coconuts.


That night we found out our hotel has kayaks (#tinyvictory) and took them for a sunset spin. 

 
Which turned into a full-blown photo shoot. 


Especially once we started doing yoga on the floating dock. 


Aka taking pictures of each other actively falling down


Then Kevin realized his childhood dream of recreating Ariel's epic hair flip. I provided the soundtrack. 


All in all, we had some fun but this picture is mostly a lie. Plus I lost those sunglasses which is certainly anyone's fault but my own. 


At least we looked good. Ready for more adventures in Cambodia!


No comments:

Post a Comment